Monday, July 3, 2017

SMART goals

When we set out to form new habits, we should make sure our goal is SMART.

Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound


Improving my writing is not specific or measurable.

Blogging daily to improve my writing is significantly more specific and somewhat more measurable.

Blogging 3,000 words daily is specific and measurable, but is it achievable? Blogging a minimum of 250 words per day is much more realistic/achievable for most people who are not full-time bloggers.

Is improving my writing and getting my creative juices flowing each day something that is relevant to me?

For how long will I blog daily? 10 days? 100 days? 1,000 days?

It does not take long to set a SMART goal and can make the goal seem much more achievable and purposeful by answering those five questions.

What SMART goals will you set?



No comments:

Post a Comment