Friday, June 16, 2017

Podcasts Make the World Better: Use Them

I love podcasts. And no, I don't love them just because I started one or because I have been a guest on one. I love podcasts because they provide a bit more in-depth information about a topic than a simple article but are not nearly as lengthy as a book. They are convenient to listen to while doing simple tasks such as commuting to work, folding laundry, or taking a walk. I listen to a podcast (sometimes two) every morning on my commute. I learn about a variety of topics each day which stimulate my mind and feed my creativity. There are podcasts about nearly every topic: business, economics, entrepreneurship, science, history, current events, et al.



Some people do not listen to podcasts because they could read much faster than they could listen. That's true. But if you are performing a task where reading at the same time would be dangerous, difficult, or impossible, listening to a podcast is a great solution to feed your brain while also getting things done. You can usually speed up a podcast to 1.25 or 1.5 speed as well if you want to get through more content.

Some of my favorite podcasts:

The Tom Woods Show
Libertarian views on politics, current events, economics, history, and business

The Jason Stapleton Program
Similar to the Tom Woods Show but more emphasis on current events


Hosted by a couple who travel the world and talk about their travels and projects as well as interview other travelers

A podcast about education, entrepreneurship, and freedom


Cross Examined Life
The host cross-examines people who hold an unconventional view


Successful Dropout
Interviews of people who dropped out of college and went on to do amazing things


Go Fire Yourself
No new episodes of this one coming out but there are 60+ available for those interested in catching up. This podcast is full of interviews of people who quit their job to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams.






I have many more podcasts on my list that I have yet to really dive into. My two that I try to listen to daily are Tom Woods and Jason Stapleton. The other podcasts listen do not post daily and so I get to them when I can.


What are some of your favorite podcasts?

Honestly there are so many to choose from! If you are not taking advantage of this free and incredible resource, you are probably missing out on some valuable infotainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment