Monday, December 18, 2017

Old-Fashioned Thank You Notes

I'm not sure what it is about having a baby but people become extremely generous. I have been absolutely blessed and amazed by all the love (poured out to my family through diapers, clothes, other baby gear, and even gifts for my older child) that people have shown us in the past few months.

Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash
There are times I become overwhelmed with all the gifts, feeling that we are not worthy of all this love and support. It is hard to express just how amazed and grateful I am.

One small way I try to express to these friends, family, and co-workers how much I appreciate their acts of kindness and generosity is through a handwritten thank you note. I ordered some customized thank you notes from VistaPrint and after someone gives me a gift I take the time to write a few sentences, address the envelope, and mail a note to whoever the gifter was. I work hard to make sure I do not forget to thank anyone through a handwritten note. It's truly not much, but to me it represents to the gifter that I sat down and thought about them, their gift, and my gratitude toward them.

I believe that in this age of impersonal internet communication, a personal and old-fashioned form of communication is a breath of fresh air for many. In addition, making sure that those who showed generosity to me know they are appreciated is super important to me. They could not possibly know how much I appreciate my village coming together to make this stage of life less stressful, but maybe a handwritten note will give them an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment