Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Cooking from the comfort of my computer

I've blogged in the past about my struggle to cook at home. Now that I have a newborn and an almost two year old to take care of, I am not too interested in sitting down at a restaurant anytime soon. So it was time to push myself. Some people like to cook, but I'm just not one of them yet. I have to make it easy.

In the past few days, I have cooked three clean and healthy crock pot meals and the majority of the work I put into these meals was done at my computer.

How to feel like you're cooking but put in minimal effort:


  • Open Google or Pinterest. Search for easy, healthy crock pot recipes. Find a few you want to try.
  • Order ingredients for recipes of interest from Wal Mart Grocery Pickup (or another store that does curbside service)
  • Pick up ingredients
  • Assemble in the crock pot/let cook
  • Eat!

This week I did a broccoli beef, chicken curry, and a butternut squash soup. I thoroughly enjoyed two out of three recipes and the third I think I can tweak to my liking. All I did was assemble the ingredients that I picked up from the store in the crock pot and let it cook. The chicken in the chicken curry I had to shred but that took less than five minutes. Other than that, these took minimal work and effort. I honestly am not sure it could get easier! If I can't make this work then I'm a lost cause ;-)

I look forward to finding more easy, healthy crock pot recipes. If you have any to share, please drop a link in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment