Thursday, February 11, 2016

Creating Something New

Something that my Praxis advisers were always encouraging us to do was to always be creating. The act of creation sparks creativity. That's one huge reason they want us to blog regularly, even daily, since writing is an act of creativity.

Several months ago, I was feeling a bit trapped and uninspired. Even though I am no longer a current Praxis participant, I reached out to our education director, T.k. Coleman, for advice. He had me commit to a 30 day PDP (personal development project) where I went through the "You Don't Need a Job, You Need Guts" ecourse and blogged once per week. Check out the tag "You Don't Need a Job" on this blog if you want to read my posts on the ecourse and PDP.

Going through the course and having to write my thoughts about it definitely sparked my creative side again. It also got me thinking about what I'm capable of doing.

So even though the PDP lasted just 30 days, it inevitably lead to another goal. I decided to create my own ecourse.

Now I am getting super close to finishing and I plan to publish the course this month. It will be about how I have earned college credit quickly and debt free and how others can do the same. I decided to make it about this topic for many reasons, one of them being the interest in my blog post on the same subject which has received over 800 views (the most of any of my posts)

I'm a bit nervous about publishing this course. Doubts creep into my mind. What if no one buys it? Or worse, what if they buy it and hate it? What if people think it's lame? What if...

But the PDP taught me that I need guts. I need to give it a try. If it's a failure or a flop, so be it. But what if it's not?

If you're interested in checking out my ecourse at a discounted rate once it comes out, subscribe to my blog as I will post about the course once its finished and available for purchase. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment