Tuesday, February 24, 2015

First Podcast: An Interview with Colleen Crockett about Chocolate!

Finally! An actual podcast is going up on sitchpodcast.blogspot.com. It's about time!

My little sister, Colleen, agreed to be my first guest. I interviewed her about her current goals in life. She has some lofty ambitions!



Main challenge she faces: her age. It's illegal to handle the equipment in a chocolate shop until she's 18. She also can't attend a chocolatiering school until she is out of high school.

What she's doing to overcome this challenge: practice making chocolate at home and sharing with friends/family for feedback and reading about chocolate and chocolate making.

Main take-away: instead of flip-flopping career choices, Colleen is going to explore this option until she knows for sure it's NOT what she wants to do. She may do chocolatiering forever, or for a few months. But she won't know it's what she loves until she gives it a go and gets her hands dirty.

My favorite quote: "I hope I don't spend years trying to figure it out, but I can't do anything by just sitting around and thinking about it."

Thank you, Colleen!


Interested in being a part of the podcast? Send me a message via the contact form on the left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment